Saturday, March 3, 2007

INTASC Standard #9

Professional Commitment
and Responsibility

“The teacher is a reflective practitioner who
continually evaluates the effects of his or her
choices and actions on others (students, parents,
and other professionals in the learning community)
and who actively seeks out opportunities to grow
professionally.”

artifacts

This is a book we studies during professional development. I learned a lot from this book as I provided an outline from a chapter and as a group we went around to each others classroom to look at the environment and get ideas and critique each other.


I have taken and passed both the Elementary Content Knowledge, and the Principals of Learning and Teaching k-6 required Praxis Series Tests to be considered highly qualified as an educator.
I have found that being a life long learner is absolutely necessary as a teacher. I learn new ideas and I get motivated from the workshops offered by the school district. I try to use my time wisely and learn and plan as we have school-wide professional development. I believe there are always new and better developments and strategies that we need to be aware of and implement as educators.

No comments: